Olive oil to nourish
Extra virgin olive oil has many virtues. It is one of the most suitable vegetable oils for cosmetic use. Its composition is indeed similar to that of the sebum naturally present in the epidermis. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in polyphenols, vitamin E and natural carotenoids, which stimulate the skin's natural "anti-ageing" defences. It also helps to trap free radicals and fight inflammation and oxidative stress.
What are the cosmetic properties of olive oil?
Olive oil has all the properties attributed to precious vegetable oils:
- Nourishing: the oil prevents the evaporation of the water contained in the stratum corneum and leaves a protective film.
- Protect: it protects the skin against external aggressions and strengthens the skin's physiological defences.
- Soften: vegetable oils naturally improve the suppleness and softness of the skin.
Add to this the following virtues, which distinguish olive oil from other oils :
- Restructuring: olive oil activates the metabolism of the skin, promotes the regeneration of collagen and intracellular "cement".
- Protection and anti-ageing: olive oil fights against cellular ageing caused by free radicals and sunlight.